Battlefield 2142 Deluxe Edition (ORIGIN) Activation details
Battlefield 2142 Deluxe Edition (ORIGIN)
- Developer: Electronic Arts
Battlefield 2142 Deluxe Edition Product Details
Released on 18/01/2008
The year is 2142, and the dawn of a new Ice age has thrown the world into a panic. The soil not covered by ice can only feed a fraction of the Earth’s population. The math is simple and brutal: some will live, most will die.
In Battlefield 2142, players choose to fight for one of two military superpowers - the European Union or the newly formed Pan Asian Coalition -in an epic battle for survival.
Armed with a devastating arsenal of hi-tech weaponry, including assault rifles, cloaking devices and sentry guns, players will also take control of the most lethal vehicles known to man. Massive battle Walkers wage fierce combat on the ground, while futuristic aircraft rule the skies. When taking on this futuristic armor players will need to use their wits and an arsenal of new hi-tech countermeasures like EMP grenades and smart mines to level the playing field.
Epic online gameplay for up to 64 players drops gamers on the front lines as part of a formal squad, or behind the scenes in Commander Mode to direct the strategic assaults of their team-mates.
For the first time in the history of the franchise, Battlefield 2142 will include a brand new game type to complement the classic conquest game. The epic, new Titan mode challenges gamers to destroy the opposing army’s Titan - a massive, heavily armored, flying warship - while defending their own. To defeat a Titan, gamers must first take down its shields, board the craft and fight to its inner core before detonating it from the inside. This genre leading gameplay innovation changes the way you play, encouraging both teamplay and strategy in explosive large-scale confrontations.
With in-game success, players increase their rank and unlock awards, including new weapons, medals and more, delivering the most comprehensive and flexible persistence in the Battlefield universe to date.
Battlefield 2142 for PC Features:
- Titan Mode – Wage epic-scale war to defeat your opponent’s Titan, a massive flying warship, controlled by the team’s commander. Players must destroy the Titan’s shields, board the craft, fight to it’s reactor core and detonate it from the inside – all while defending their own Titan.
- 64-Players Online* – Experience all-out war with Battlefield’s legendary multiplayer for up to 64 players.
- Real-Time Persistence – To the victor goes the spoils! Equipment, medals and other rewards are awarded in-game and in real time. Choose an unlock and have access to it immediately next time you spawn. The game features five times more unlocks than Battlefield 2.
- Customizable Abilities – Gamers can expand their abilities and blend multiple player classes to match their play-style.
- Lethal Vehicles – Gamers control menacing Battle Walkers that stalk the land and futuristic gunships that patrol the skies. APC’s and high-speed recon vehicles keep the action fast, furious and unpredictable.
- High-Tech Weaponry – EMP grenades, sentry guns, smart mines, cloaking devices, and more change the rules of the Battlefield forever.
- The world has changed – Fight for survival on the Battlefield of the 22nd century in brand new locations from Minsk to North Africa as the ice presses down from the North.
Battlefield 2142 Northern Strike
A few years into the most desperate struggle in the history of mankind, and with the conflict focused around the Mediterranean, the Pan Asian Coalition (PAC) seizes the chance to claim the undefended natural resources beneath the ice of mainland Europe. By the time the EU is aware of their presence, the enemy is firmly entrenched in the continent’s harsh ice fields, among abandoned city ruins and soaring mountain peaks. Only fierce close-quarters infantry battles along claustrophobic city streets and narrow rocky passes will eject the PAC forces from their well-defended positions and push them back towards the sea.
Three new maps provide the setting for the Booster Pack. High up in the Alps the EU uses launch pods to assault a PAC Titan docking harbour in the map Port Bavaria. Bridge at Remagen, the scene for one of WWII’s major battles, is once again the setting for intense battles as both sides fight to secure the bridge. Finally, night has fallen when the EU launches their assault on the city in the Liberation of Leipzig.
Battlefield 2142: Northern Strike introduces two new vehicle types. The heavy IFV Goliath is a massive, slow-moving firing platform available to the EU. It is used to provide cover, as well as health and ammunition, to nearby infantry. The fast-moving hovering light IFV Hachimoto, available to the defending PAC only, is an efficient vehicle killer when staffed by a well coordinated pilot/gunner team.
With ten new unlocks and ten new awards, Battlefield 2142: Northern Strike offers unprecedented persistence for a Booster Pack. The epic Titan mode introduced in Battlefield 2142 is available on two maps, and for the first time in an urban setting. All maps also feature Conquest mode with the Conquest Assault Lines set-up, in which the attacking army now has to conquer all control points before taking the enemy’s main base.
Battlefield 2142 Northern Strike for PC Features:
- Fast–paced, infantry-focused gameplay boosts the intensity of the all-out war experience.
- Three new maps set in Europe, where snow-covered post-apocalyptic cities and a ridge in the Alps become the new battlegrounds.
- Two brand-new vehicles designed to support infantry combat available in an asymmetrical set-up, with the hovering light IFV Hachimoto available to the PAC and the massive heavy IFV Goliath available to the EU.
- Increased persistence. Ten new rewards, one new pin and ten new unlock items at the top of the unlocks trees, available also on core game maps, take persistence to new levels. Unlock credits earned in the booster pack can also be used in the core game.
- Epic Titan mode available on two maps, and for the first time in a urban setting, for more intense Titan gameplay.
- Tweaked Conquest-assault gameplay (Assault Lines game mode) on all three maps creates more choke points and more heated battles.
- Horizontal podding gives infantry additional ways of moving across the maps quickly
There have been no reviews