Boid (STEAM) Activation details
- Developer: tinyBuild
- Genres: Action, Indie, RTS, Early Access
- Languages: EN
- Official website: http://tinybuild.com/boid
BOID is an RTS about a Bio Organic Infestation Drone which crashlands on a planet, enabling its primitive life forms to mutate and develop special abilities. These life forms now have to fight for dominance. It’s a game about quick decisions and mutation. A streamlined multiplayer RTS.
BOID Is A Class-Based RTS
Units spawn only in Spawner bases, from which you take over Class bases to give units special abilities. You have full freedom of movement through the maps.
- Move Anywhere On The Map (no restriction to moving from base to base)
- 8 Distinctive Unit Types
- Take Over A Class Base To Give Units Special Abilities
- Includes Turrets! Everything is better with Turrets.
- Featuring 3 Special Bases: Freeze, Revert, Teleport
A typical match consists of spawning with a handful of units, quickly deciding what your strategy is, and countering whatever your enemy is trying to do. The game focuses on short, intense rounds, making it accessible to players of varying skill levels. Special Abilities allow you to turn the odds on your opponent. Use Freeze to immobilize a group of enemies. Teleport into an enemy base, or Revert enemy units back to Basic ones, making them more vulnerable. Checkout this gameplay guide on the forum to find out more.
- OS: Windows 7 and up
- Processor: 1Ghz and up
- Memory: 1024 MB RAM
- Graphics: Works fine on integrated laptop graphics
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Hard Drive: 200 MB available space
- Sound Card: A working one
- Additional Notes: This game runs fine on low end devices, tested with core2duo laptops w/ integrated videocards.
There have been no reviews