GameGuru (STEAM) Activation details
- Developer: The Game Creators Ltd
- Genres: Action, Indie, CMS, Early Access
- Languages: EN
- Official website: http://https://www.game-guru.com/
Welcome to GameGuru, the easy game maker. Our mission is to create the easiest and most enjoyable game creator. Join us and our great & enthusiastic community on this journey.
Imagine creating a world that you and your friends come together and play... and creating it could be a matter of minutes with no technical jiggery-pokery needed at all! Of course you can happily spend hours, days..even weeks creating your masterpiece, the great thing about GameGuru is, you won't be held up by learning strange alien languages or using complex modelling tools. The time you spend with GameGuru is all about creating and having fun whilst doing it.
With GameGuru you can literally make a multiplayer game in a few minutes, including hosting and sharing your game online via Steam Multiplayer!
GameGuru comes with 10+ ready-made game demos for you to play and enjoy. They will show you the sort of games that can be created and how they were done, plus you can adapt these pre-made games and make them into your own games version. You’re then ready to go and design your own unique game!
We believe there is nothing on the market which is so easy to use and so quick to allow you to share your creations with others.
GameGuru offers you the most easy and yet comprehensive game creation process that is open to non-programmers and designers/artists, or anyone who aspires to become a game creator. It also has powerful editing tools for those who want to take their game creation to an even greater and more complex level. The power is there at your fingertips!
You just need to follow these easy steps – welcome to the world of game creation!
Create your virtual 3D world – Game Design
Construct huge game levels with the easy to use Level Editor. Sculpt your initial game design, add content and then play your game with one click of the Test Game icon:
- Design your game and levels adding hills, mountains, water, paths, terrains until you have created the world you want for your game
- Add all your environmental items, pick animated 3D objects including buildings, trees/vegetation, manmade objects/barriers with pre-set customisable properties
- Set the mood by controlling all aspects of the 3D rendered scene with easy to use sliders and combo box choices, including sky/ambience, day/night scenes, lighting settings.
Decide what your game is – Game Plan
Have you ever wanted to create the game only you can dream of? Now you have the tools to do exactly that, possibly for the first time ever! You can create games very quickly and easily, or add more and more depth as you wish that will ultimately rival commercial games that are published:
- Create your dream game, whether it’s Modern-day FPS Action, Horror/Zombies, Sci-Fi/Fantasy, Cartoon/Zany, Medieval/Historical, Multiplayer/standalone and many more - you choose!
- Give your game objectives, missions, weapons, puzzles, characters, enemies/baddies, collectables from a suite of pre-set objects supplied, or create/buy/customise new objects.
Now make your game come to life! – Game Crafting
Using the powerful editing tools you can add more depth and details to your game, make the scenes more complex, enhance the way characters and objects interact, improve the objectives of your game to challenge even the most experienced gamers:
- Use the 3D editing mode to fine-tune your game design
- Add all the gameplay aspects you want in your game, adjust them, test them until they are exactly right
- Use the objects/assets supplied free with GameGuru or buy royalty free assets from our store to use in your game
- Use the powerful editing tools to make your characters and objects unique, give them additional properties through powerful commands such as LUA scripting.
Create, share & sell your game – The final result!
Once you have your finished game you can make it available to your friends and other gamers. GameGuru is unique in what it can offer, all at no additional cost:
- Build your final game - ready to play, share or sell!
- Save your standalone game as a exe file to use as you wish
- Publish your game and sell it to others, all royalty free
- Make, share and play multiplayer games on Steam
- Become a Steam game publisher yourself!
Our mission is to develop an open world game creator that's easy to use and produces very high quality results in all areas; such as superior art & animation, smooth gameplay and top class game experiences. We're a UK Indie development team with over 20 years of experience and we're an Intel Black Belt developer.
GameGuru is being designed by gamers for gamers and we want to design and create it along with our active and enthusiastic community.
Our vision is to produce The Ultimate Game Creator for the PC - the defacto standard by which all other game making products will be compared. A solution that is easier, more powerful, affordable and flexible than any products available. A product grounded and shaped by the community that gives it life.
We'll embrace new and exciting hardware, acting as champions as we pioneer new experiences and in the process creating fresh new game creating communities. We'll keep expanding the gaming possibilities of GameGuru as we move forward.
Developing game creating tools is what drives us - we're super passionate about finding ways to make the whole game creation process as easy as possible.
The Technical Stuff
For those who want to understand more – here are the main elements of GameGuru:
3D Game Engine & Editor
- Easy to use, drag & drop style
- Birds eye view editing system
- Game World – Construct large levels for your games
- Terrain editor – With easy to use controls you can create stunning vistas and unique environments for your games
- Infinite vegetation system – Vegetation is auto generated where you decide you want it to appear
- Rendering engine – powering the shaders and graphical techniques to make your games look great and play fast
- Level of detail – The game engine supports Level Of Detail technology (LOD) to ensure smooth and fast frame rates
- Cascade shadow mapping – Real-time dynamic shadows add that extra level of realism
- Baked shadowing – Add ultra-realistic shadows to your levels with the shadow baking system
- Ambient Occlusion Mapping – This technique adjusts how much ambient light each point in the game scene receives
- Sky maps – Choose from a wide range of high resolution sky maps
- Occlusion Culling System – Fast rendering of your game worlds is ensured by the adoption of this special object culling system
- Water plane – A shimmering and reflective water plane adds a touch of realism to your levels
- Light Rays – Let the light flood your game scenes with this awesome effect
- Shaders for all – shader techniques that best suit your PCs capabilities
- Import your own .x files
- Connect to the Asset Store to extend your library
- GameGuru uses the Bullet Physics engine to create realistic physics events
- Rag doll deaths of characters
Game Characters & Weapons
- Realistic characters
- AI scripts control characters - Scripts are coded using the industry standard LUA language
- GameGuru comes equipped with a great range of stock weapons and ammo packs
- Modern day weapons – GameGuru launches with six high quality modern day weapons including Colt 1911 Pistol, Shotgun, Uzi, Magnum Revolver, Rocket Launcher and Sniper Rifle
- Explosive Munitions – RPGs, grenades and land mines
- Ammo pick-ups – Reload weapons during game play with ammo pick ups
- Animated – Fully animated weapons with improved handling and realistic sounds
- Jetpack - A special Jetpack object let's you fly around your game world - great for Multiplayer sessions
Multiplayer on Steam
- Build games with multiplayer features
- Create death match levels
- Up to 8 players can play your game
- Play with friends or invite others using Steam Workshop
- Save standalone single player games as exe files
- Make, share and play multiplayer games too
- Distribute your games royalty free
- Add game ready assets to your library
Game Creator Store
- Online Store – Easily add game ready assets to your project.
- Model Packs – Collections of media are supported by the store.
- Sell – Artists and musicians can sell their own media to the community via the store
- Over 3,300 game ready assets and growing
- Steam wallet supported
Development Road Map
Our road map is to continue developing GameGuru until our community are satisfied we have all the main game elements included. We expect to complete our first version for release by November 2015. Once GameGuru is released we will continue to improve and develop it further. All existing customers will receive lifetime updates free of charge.
Some of the game elements we have planned for 2015:
- Character Creator – This editor will make Character creation a cinch. Add personalised characters into your game, be in your own game!
- Particle system – Effects such as fire, sparks and smoke adding more and more realism to the games you make
- Virtual reality - Creating your own games in GameGuru will be expanded into making your own Virtual Worlds supporting the best VR technology available
- Vehicles/Roads/Transport – All the features to open up new gaming experiences
- Group/team real-time creation/editing – Blend your skills with friends & others to make even better games!
- Player Inventory & Crafting mechanics - Expand the game possibilities with these features.
- OS: XP, Vista, 7, 8
- Processor: Intel Dual-Core 2GHz or AMD Dual-Core 2GHz
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 400 series or AMD Radeon HD 6000 series, 1GB Video Card (Minimum Shader Model 2.0)
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 4 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest drivers
- OS: XP, Vista, 7, 8 - (64 Bit)
- Processor: Intel Quad-Core (i5 2300) or AMD Octo-Core (FX 8150)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 660Ti or greater, AMD Radeon HD 7950 or greater, 2GB Video Card (Minimum Shader Model 2.0)
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Hard Drive: 8 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest drivers
There have been no reviews